Monday, May 11, 2009

Stir Fry - Thai Food, Minced beef stirfry with basil leafs and mushroom - เนื้อสับผัดกระเพราใส่เห็ด

Minced beef stir fry with basil leafs and mushroom

(Serve 3)
(369 cal per serve without rice and with 50g of rice = 424 cal)

Here come another delicious and healthy Thai dish. This dish is considered one of the most common Thai food (that sale in Thailand) You might see this menu at some of your local Thai Restaurants, but what they make in overseas (here!) are so much different from what they make or what familiar to Thai people.

I went to one of Thai Restaurant in Brisbane and ordered this dish. What I've got was minced beef stir fried with carrot, cucumber, some gailan (green chinese veggies) and about only 1-2 basil leafs.! I complaint to the chef and asked if they could make me the authentic version of Minced beef stir fry with basil leafs. you know what they've said to me? They said yes they could, if I pay extra. They said the basil leaf is expensive here! I'm like What????? There's basil leaf at every super market. They said it's not the same type. So I went "at least it's much better than carrot and cucumber..!

So to me, if they can't make it as close to the authentic, don't name it like it's an authentic food.. There is no such thing like I have to pay extra for the authentic version of the food I've ordered. It's too funny.

Alright, no more complaining.If I want to eat it right, I have to make it, ..right?

There you go, this's the right version of the dish. Let's have a look how much basil leafs that Real Thai people put in the dish before they call it "Minced beef stir fry with basil leafs (and mushroom)" not only 2 or 3 leafs..that's just not right.


Ingredients

1. Minced beef 300g (you can change the meat to be whatever you like such as striped chicken or pork or even prawns)
2. Big bunch of Sweet or Green Basil (Funny enough but for this dish, they don't use Thai Basil, so don't pick it)
3. Minced Garlic - 3 tb spoons (you can crush garlic freshly or get a jar of minced garlic, the final taste will be the same) (Sorry, I forgot to put a pic. of minced garlic but it's one of the key ingredients so we need it)
4. Soy sauce - 3 tb spoons
5. Fish sauce - 2 tb spoons
6. Oyster sauce - 2 tb spoons
7. A pack of slided mushroom (standard size)
8. 3 tb spoons of Spenda / or sugar
9. 3 tb spoons of extra light olive oil
10. Crushed chilli ( about 5-6 med size of hot bird eye chilli )



Step by Step...


1.



This shows the nutrition facts of splenda. 1 Teaspoon contain only 8kj or 1.9cal. You can get splenda from any supermarket. It's likely to at baking need aisle.

2.

Firstly, put 3 tb spoons of extra light virgin oil on med heat. When the oil is starting to get hot, add all minced garlic and chilli in the wok.


3.





When the oil is hot, add mince followed by all the sauces mentioned above and sugar or Splenda. Stir well 2-3 sec. and let it sit still until the mince is cooked.


4.


Once the mince cooked, put basil leafs and mushroom in the wok on top of the mince. Then mix them up (Look how much basil leafs I've put. This's what called "Stir fry with basil leafs..!" The more basil leafs you put, the more basil aromatic scent you can smell, it's such a beautiful smell indeed)

5.


Here we go, It's done.! This's a recipe for 3 serves. Each serve is just 369 cal. you can even eat it as a diet food....! This's what I call healthy Thai food.








4 comments:

  1. Thankyou soo much for posting your recipies. I ate this when i was on holidays in Thailand and i have always wanted to know how to make it, and now i can.

    Your the best Ymetal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Ying! I wish I could have food blog too but I am not a good writer and my communication skill is really bad he he. Btw, I love all the pictures. Look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, the comment above was from Fin na ja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fin.. Your comment really give me a big smile on my face :D BTW if the food is yumm.. You don't really need to write anything on your blog. Let it sell itself! :> You're a great chef too, from what I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thaifood Mini Store